Up Your Game - Level III
In this session we cover:
1. Good mobility moving together as a team to the non volley zone line in a safe and balanced manner.
2. Once the team is at the non volley zone line, moving together left and right as a team to keep open spaces to a minimum, ie reduce opposing shots going down the middle.
3. When executing the third shot drop, where is the partner, and how should they approach the non volley zone.
4. Strategic dinking, when to dink across court and to the player in front of you.
5. Summary... hitting to the player furthest back, and always hitting to the oppositions feet.
Covid19 Etc: Please wear a mask through the whole session including on court if you have not been vaccinated. As well, all players will be required to sign a waiver and provide an emergency contact and telephone number. Pickleball is an athletic activity, and as well, we are playing outdoors and it can get hot and humid. Please bring lots to drink and take breaks when you like. DO NOT RUN BACKWARDS.
ALL SESSIONS TAUGHT BY A CERTIFIED INSURED INSTRUCTOR WITH THE IPTPA(International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association).
The founding members of the IPTPA, (see list of founding members) reads like a “whose who list” of the best pickleball players and coaches in the world. Founded by Seymour Rifkind, a business executive and hall of fame coach, he and the original members recognized that in order for the quality of our sport to match it´s fantastic growth, certifying teaching professionals was a high priority. More and more players are seeking qualified instruction to improve their game.
Since the establishment of the IPTPA at the 2015 Nationals, the founding members have been busy not only establishing those standards, for the beginner through 3.5 player but, developing the criteria to determine whether a perspective coach met those standards.